Throughout the year, MOET School hosts various volunteers and visitors who bring their unique skills to the school for anything from one week to one year. We have found that the volunteering programme has been worthwhile for both visitors and the school. MOET is a warm-hearted, lively and welcoming place.
You may also donate essential items, such as clothing, computer equipment or sewing machines. We have periodic container shipments going to Malawi – please contact us if you are interested.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER?
Anyone wishing to visit the school to learn about teaching techniques, sports enjoyed, singing and gardening and/or permaculture and natural medicine are very welcome.
Over the years MOET has had volunteers from the UK, Germany, Canada, USA, Italy, and more. There is plenty to help with at the school – whether it’s teaching, admin, permaculture, sport – however, you can make yourself useful. You will be working alongside teachers and staff, under the guidance of Mr Majonanga, the school’s director. As well as helping out at school, volunteers can be very useful by carrying out tasks on behalf of FOMOE and maintaining contact with us here in the UK.
Accommodation is available nearby at a reasonable rate. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Volunteers are not required to pay anything for the volunteering itself. The only costs are your own travel to Malawi, (which you will have to arrange), immunisations, DBS check (£7), accommodation (which FOMOE can help to arrange: most visitors stay in the volunteer cottage) and some spending money
- Volunteers must be over 18, and committed to contributing to the school’s work.
- We encourage volunteers to fundraise and raise awareness as much as possible for FOMOE before going out to MOET
- Whilst volunteering we expect regular updates/photos/videos to use in our marketing to inspire others
- More information can be found in our Volunteering FAQs .